Monday, November 5, 2012

Completely addicted to modern technology

Last night I left my cell phone at work. I didn't realize that my cellphone was gone till I needed to set my alarm clock. I was not able to get back to work till later this afternoon. I didn't realize how much I needed my cellphone and my computer. I felt lost just not having my cell phone, and if my computer were to die, I don't know how I would be able to get through everyday. I depend on it so much, and use to write notes, check my emails and keep in contact with people I know from other states.

Once I was able to get my cell phone, I checked my cell phone like 20 times in 10 minutes to see if I missed any messages. On top of the issue of cell phone, I always listen to music to drown out noise and to help me focus. So I would blast on classical or opera to help me stay focused on my school work.

Conclusion to this is that I need to stop relying on technology. I feel like I am imprisoned by these technology and need to step back to see what is important in my life. The gospel teaches us to have balance in our life, but because of this addiction my balance has been thrown off. I feel like I lost a part of myself because of the need to stay connected with everyone. One day when I do not have any papers to work on, I will take a week off from touching technology and just read a book for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment